Find the recipe below and visit www.fromthetabletop.com
4 tbs unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tbs red food colouring
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup + 2tbs all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
150g cream cheese (room temp)
2 1/2 cups icing sugar.
– Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line muffin tines with liners.
– Cream butter and sugar on medium until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and beat until incorporated well. (Ensure the egg is room temperature to avoid curdling)
– In a separate bowl mix cocoa, vanilla extract and red food colouring to make a paste. Add this paste to the butter mixture and ensure it is mixed well.
– Reduce mixer speed to low and add half of the buttermilk in alteration with half the flour. Mix remaining milk and flour in. Be sure not to over mix.
– On slow, add in the salt, baking soda and vinegar. Mix until smooth.
– Divide mixture between liners and bake for 20 mins. Allow to cool before frosting.
– Cream softened cream cheese and icing sugar together until smooth, light and fluffy. This will take around 2-3 minutes.
– Ice according to preference – piping bag/ spread with butter knife and enjoy!